KC Home Dad

Monday, February 19, 2007

A son is born and his name is...?

Last week my wife blessed me with a son. We didn't know what we were having (yes, we are stuck in 1995) and of course we had no boy names that we liked. Somehow we thought by looking at him we would be able to figure it out - that was no help.

So for nearly 4 hours we combed through one of those naming books that we had both already read through hoping that a name would suddenly stick that hadn't previously. Yeah, that didn't work either.

Finally we narrowed it down to our individual top 3.

No matches.

Then I pulled out my last card - the compromise card. We always agreed on the middle name but disagreed on it's spelling. I said "If we spell his middle name my way, you can give him whatever name you want."

She immediately started to call her mom to tell her our news. Then I said, "Well, maybe not..."

And she said, as nicely as a woman who just had a baby, "Decide already. Whatever you want is fine - just pick something!"

So we went with her choice.

I'm sure you are dying to know the name (so am I - just kidding!) but for security reasons we only use nicknames of our children here.

His nickname came much easier - Buddy. In fact I started calling him Buddy as soon as he was born since I didn't have a real name to call him.

Makes you wonder why we just didn't name him that in the first place.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations from the Northland!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home