KC Home Dad

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

The other night our Princess (that's what we call our 4 year old) came into our room shortly after we put her to bed.

"What is it honey?" my wife asked as she helped Princess into our bed.

"It's not fair," she said with bottom lip protruding, "you get to have someone sleep with you in your bed and I don't."

"But you get to sleep in your special Princess room EVERY night," my wife replied.

"It's so lonely in there," Princess sobbed.

Now my bottom lip is quivering. I scoop her up and carry her back to her room snuggling her into her bed between the 12 stuffed animals, 4 Barbie dolls and 3 pieces of junk mail. I give her a hug and tell her I love her and remind her that angels are always with her so she will never be alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home