KC Home Dad

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

New Children's Museum coming to Kansas City

On Saturday, Feb. 24, the Kansas City Star reported on an exciting new Children's Museum that will be built by 2009 probably in Johnson County, KS. This museum will combine Wonderscope (www.wonderscope.org) in Shawnee with Beyond The Book (www.beyondthebook.org) to create an exciting learning experience for children under 10.

As most of you know, Kansas City has several "Children's Museums" (in KCK at the Indian Creek Mall, Science City in Union Station and Paradise Park in Lee's Summit) but none of them are even close to the quality of activities and value as the Omaha Children's Museum or the Magic House in St. Louis. My hope is that, FINALLY, Kansas City will have a great, fun place to take our children.

The public will be invited in March 2007 to offer suggestions on what this new museum should offer, and I think our group should make an effort to attend these sessions. I also think we should consider helping them raise money for the $15 million, 36,500 sq. ft. facility. Keep checking the websites listed above as well as this blog for dates and times of these sessions.

2 Comments:

  • I have taken my kids several times to both Children's Museums in KC and even had memberships annually....we have gone to St Louis and KC does not compare in the slightest to what they have to offer. I would love to see improvements here, I don't think it would be that difficult. Kids and families need a place to go to create memories and learn and just have fun. I would love to be involved and help! My family sees this as extremely important for our city and our families!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

  • we have gone to St Louis and KC does not compare in the slightest to what they have to offer. I would love to see improvements here, I don't think it would be that difficult. Kids and families need a place to go to create memories and learn and just have fun. I would love to be involved and help!



    we vibe II
    ejaculer trop vite

    By Blogger mewmewmew, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home