KC Home Dad

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Homemaker

Yesterday I attended a "Reader's Critique" of the Kansas City Star. Basically, the newspaper wanted to know what readers thought of the changes they made to the paper after their new presses went on line June of this year. Each person introduced himself or herself and what he or she does for a living. Three women said they were homemakers. That is not surprising. What was odd, was that they all seemed to be either embarrassed by their "profession" or not proud of it somehow. When it came to my turn to introduce myself, I just said, "My name is Al Watts and, well, I'm a homemaker, stay-at-home dad!" I'm not embarrassed and you would think I could be when there were male architects, engineers and a candidate for city council in the room. I was more embarrassed that I couldn't write intelligent answers for their questionaire! Boy did I feel like I needed to go back to the 10th grade to re-learn how to write short answer essays.

1 Comments:

  • Cool should it realy matter if you male or female, the best time with children are while they young,
    when they become teenager, you may find yourself looking for a job.
    enjoy your time with your children, they grew up so fast

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home